Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm trying to be thankful not tearful.

I'm doing my best to work on this blog, the ezine and all the rest that I must do. It wasn't a terrific idea to journey to my "thinking spot." It seems like everyone is  with a mother, sister, friend--someone! Missing a mother  never stops, especially around a holiday and birthday. I saved the last few pieces of birthday cake a very long time. I finally let got of it a few years ago. I guess I wanted to cling to the memory of the last time mom told me that dinner looked good although she couldn't eat very much of it. I've always had an nontraditional family experience. However, it does bother me that she never met my little one.


Within my rant,there's a brighter side. I decided to put together the first issue of Grove Street. I know that there's so much to still be thankful for. Life isn't all smooth and happy. The best moments are often  comprised of the little things that add up to many, and the people who help us to remember that just at the right time when we need to feel and hear it. I find solace in knowing that there is hope that the bright spots shine brighter than the dark ones. I'm determined to surround myself with those who aspire to uplift and not destroy. Hope should be contagious...really.

No comments:

Post a Comment