Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hannah D. Spivey stops by The Nook to chat about her book, "Ebony The Beloved."

Hannah D. Spivey is an author from Miami, Florida. I interviewed her about the book, "Ebony the Beloved." It is an urban/ contemporary fiction read that was published through Aziza Publishing. Check out her express blog interview below.


The Nook: What are your feelings about urban fiction?

Hannah: I am a fan and author of urban fiction. No disrespect to some of the authors, but I think Urban fiction has been over saturated with light skin/brown complected women wearing next to nothing or hardcore thugs with cigars dangling from their mouth or they're holding a gun, gracing the front cover of books. Urban fiction is a great market, but I also see similar story premises. Although, most of the authors are very talented, I think Urban fiction can be a very diverse market with something that is refreshing and unconventional, and thankfully I've been witnessing emerging urban lit authors bring something fresh, bold, and new to the table. Kudos to them.

The Nook: What is the story about?

Hannah: My story is about a girl named Ebony Starks, who has been through more hell than Celie and Precious put together. You haven't read a book hardcore abuse until "Ebony the Beloved."

The Nook: Did you self-publish it?

Hannah: No, my book was published through Aziza Publishing. However, I'll be self-publishing my next novel, "The Bold and the Ugly Truth."

The Nook: Who is your target audience, and what would you like them to take away from it?

Hannah: My target audience is women 18+ and I want them to see that any forms of abuse doesn't define who you are and you can transcend beyond anything trials you encounter.

The Nook: What do you feel are two themes in your book that are relevant to teens today?

Hannah: Self-esteem and abuse--including physical, mental, emotional, or verbal.

The Nook: What has the feedback been about the book? Have you also received any feedback from teens?

Hannah: I've been getting rave reviews from people from all walks of life.

The Nook: Where can it be purchased?

Hannah: Amazon, Ebay, Barnes and Nobles, Books-A-Million, and other retailers.

The Nook: Is it available in eBook and paper back book format?

Hannah: Yes, the novel can be purchased for a nominal price of $0.99 on Kindle. :-)

The Nook: How can readers keep up with you?

Hannah: They can follow me on Twitter @Bossladywriter. I also have a fan page entitled "Hannah Dorothy Spivey." They can reach also out to me via my personal Facebook profile: Hannah Bobanna.


We want to wish Hannah continued success with her book, and we appreciate her visit. If you're a fan of the genres that she mentioned, please check out her work. So, what are others saying about "Ebony the Beloved?" Cut and paste or click the link and take a look.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0615516831

Happy reading to my fellow bookaholics!

Andrea @ The Nook



No comments:

Post a Comment