Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Morenike' signs Taste of Insanity in the DC area, May 9th.

Morenike' is a talented author and graduate student from Mississippi. Just before her trip to the DC area, I caught up with her to ask her a few things about Taste of Insanity. Read the buzz!

What gave you the idea to write it, and what it is about?

Taste of Insanity is a fictional glimpse of mental illness in the African American community; specifically women. It's about what happens when a woman is at her wits end. I chose to write this story because mental illness is a taboo subject that affects my community.

Is this your first book? Yes, it's my debut novel.

What is your writing routine? I write everyday and I have set a goal to write 1500 words a day; hopefully that increases in the future.

I am driven to write because________.

God gave me a gift to speak for the voiceless, inspire, and encourage awareness and literacy.

In three lines or less, pitch your book to readers with your best hook.

Women are often seen as soft, delicate creatures but what happens when they are plagued with tragedy? Follow as Egypt, Blakely, & Andrea are admitted to the Rosa Lee Institution after their strength is tested & their demons exposed. Every woman comes to a breaking point; do you know what crazy tastes like?

Please list your next upcoming signing information.

Howard University in DC on May 9th, 1-3 PM
May 10th - Horizon Books in Philly Noon-5 PM
May 11th - TLJ (The Literary Joint) Bookstore in Forestville, MD 2-8:30 P.M.


What is your contact information?

I can be reached at AuthorMorenike@gmail.com.


Book Trailer Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGe5UsrE5A




No comments:

Post a Comment