Thursday, November 7, 2013

Do you like poetry and erotica? Rated H (Hot) interview with Ainsley Burrows, founder of The Sweet Spot, CEO of BurrowsInk.


Ainsley Burrows is a Brooklyn based, full-time artist. He is the founder of The Sweet Spot, and CEO of BurrowsInk. Mr. Burrows studied Accounting and Economics in college, before making a drastic career change to pursue his passion.


Andrea: What was a milestone in your career?

Ainsley: I was the face of Guinness in 26 countries, during The Guinness Greatness Campaign (TV AD).

Andrea: How and why did you start writing and performing erotic poetry?  

Ainsley: I started when I was in college. I think it had to do with the challenge.  Erotic poetry, or should I say good erotic poetry, is the hardest kind of poetry to write.

Andrea: What is a day in your life like? (Is your endeavor full-time?)

Ainsley: I am a full-time artist. I do all different types of writing. I also paint. I also run maybe on of the biggest poetry companies in the world.  BurrowsInk is the company that produces The Sweet Spot. The Sweet Spot is up and running in 17 cities across the United States and Canada. So a typical day starts of with BurrowsInk business, such as phone calls, emails, ordering flyers and tickets, getting venues confirmed, booking and speaking with artists. I meet with possible sponsors, and also converse with possible vendors. I try to finish most business by about 2:00 or 3:00 PM.  When it is a day that we have a show, things are a little different.  I have to get all I have to do done while preparing for a show. It also entails travel and organizing. Luckily, I have a solid team that makes sure things are where they need to be, and people are where they need to be, when they need to be there. In the evenings I normally go out to promote if I am in NYC, or I stay home and write. I am always working on a writing project, be it a novel or a series of poems, a play or a movie script. I am always writing.

Andrea: Did anyone ever discourage you, when you made a decision to pursue something nontraditional?

Ainsley: My family was not happy with the decision. I was in a MBA program. The second semester of my first year, I had an insane car accident in which the car rolled over 5 times. After the accident, I decided to leave school. I can't really remember anyone of consequence being supportive, but inside I knew what I wanted, so I focused on being the best artist I could be.

Andrea: Who has been your biggest influence?

Ainsley: I have tons of influences. I listen to all types of music and absorb all kinds of art. I was on the road for about ten years, just traveling and performing. I used to spend at least three months of each year in Europe. During that time, I performed in a different city almost every night. I think most of those travels influenced my world view and the art I create. I go to a lot of museums because I believe the past has it lessons. I go to see live music because I think live music is one of the most honest forms of expression.  I read the poetry of all my peers; it keeps me grounded and fueled.  I fall in love every ten minutes. I can't explain that one to you, but I do.

Andrea: What is The Sweet Spot, who is your target audience, and what do you want attendees to take away from the experience? What can people expect from a Sweet Spot show?

Ainsley: The Sweet Spot is a POP Erotica event. POP Erotica is a term I coined. Our target audiences are people who are tired of the night life and who are looking for an alternative form of entertainment, people who want to go out but they don't want the whole club atmosphere , and people who want to be fully engaged. We want people to walk away thinking The Sweet Spot was one of the best experiences they have ever had. We want them to walk away thinking, "I have to tell someone." And in general that has been the reaction we get from people. Beyond the scenes of the experience, we started this event seven years ago to provide a safe place for people to express their sexuality and not be judged. The Sweet Spot is a JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE. We are looking into a different ways to get the show to as many people as we can. We are constantly expanding into new areas. We are looking at setting up shop in Europe and Africa. We have a few offers on the table. However, sometimes the timing has to be right. We are also looking at doing a TV show around the event. We have a Sweet Spot Book which should be coming out in the Spring, and we are constantly looking for ways to make the show bigger and better.

Andrea: Please briefly share about how you began writing books. What is the name of your latest one?

Ainsley: Novel writing is the next logical step from writing poetry. I have two published novels so far. I am working on my third as we speak. My latest is a POP EROTICA novel called 'Bang Bang Bang-A Summer of Sin in Brooklyn.'

   


Andrea: I heard that you'll be back in the Maryland area on November the 8th. Please share details.

Ainsley: Yes. We will be back in Baltimore on November 8, 2013 at Paparazzi.

Andrea: How can readers keep up with you online?

Ainsley: You can find me at: https://www.facebook.com/ainsley.burrows

@ainsleyburrows on Twitter  & Instagram

www.artburrows.com

www.sweetspotnation.com


Links to purchase Ainsley's books or products:


https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=C63BYBVCUBVK4


Ainsley's Toronto performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlufCakOy1E


The Guinness video:

http://vimeo.com/8766972

I met Ainsely earlier this year. He is an extremely talented artist. I wish him the best with his endeavors! Please note the address of Paparazzi:


407 E. SARATOGA STREET
BALTIMORE MARYLAND 21202
BALTIMORE , MD 21202 USA


You may visit www.sweetspotnation.com  for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment