Sunday, September 29, 2013

H.D. Terech's suspense novella series gets us hyped for October reading.


H.D. Terech is a Maryland based author and attorney. Fatal Reunion (The Sarah Richland Series, Book 1) was released this past May. She stopped by to dish about her series.


Andrea: Please tell me about your literary background. Are you an avid reader? If so, which author creatively influenced you the most?

H.D. : Reading books has been a favorite past time since I was in elementary school. I read at least two books a week. The suspense, mystery genre has always been my favorite. As I've grown older, the romance mysteries are usually the type of book I have in hand. I like books that create a break from the reality of my criminal defense daytime job, the business of running a house, and the joys of two growing boys.  My biggest influence would have to be Mary Higgins Clark. I have a copy of each one. Her books are always entertaining. She is able to tell a good story, even after all these years. I enjoy many different authors. Since becoming an author, I attempt to find new authors in order to support them.


Andrea: How long did it take you to complete your book?

H.D. : I came up with the idea for the Sarah Richland Series seven years ago. Having two babies, my writing got stalled. I picked up writing again in February of 2013. I finished the book by the end of April. I was quite excited about my book, so I continued and wrote the second book in the series within two months to be published in August 2013.

Andrea: What genre is it? Please briefly share what it is about?

H.D. : The Sarah Richland Series is a suspense novella series that follows the main character, Sarah Richland, through her detective adventures. It is not the typical detective series as the twists will have the reader guessing what will happen next. Sarah Richland is somewhat of an introvert so the last thing she wants to do is attend her class reunion, but it may not be because of the obvious reasons.

Andrea: Will there be a sequel? Are you working on a new project?

H.D. : After Fatal Reunion, I published the second book in the Series: Fatal Betrayal. The second book picks up right where book one left off. The third installment of the series is in the works. While I try to balance my work as an attorney, wife, mother and writer, my writing is making slow progress.


Andrea: What feedback have you received so far?

H.D. : Majority of my readers so far have expressed their delight that my books are unpredictable. The character is very likable. Most readers comment that it is a fast paced book that is not the typical detective story.


I wrote Fatal Reunion (The Sarah Richland Series, Book 1) because I have read so many suspense/mystery books that I wanted to see if I could rise to the challenge of writing my own. Knowing what will happen at the end of a book half way through can be spoiling, so I wanted to write something that the reader will never see "it" coming.

Andrea: Where are your books available?


My books are available through any ebook retailer to include: Amazon, Smashwords, Apple ibooks, Barnes and Nobles' Nook store. It is also on Goodreads.com.


http://www.amazon.com/Fatal-Reunion-Richland-Series-ebook/dp/B00DOAGWTG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380213475&sr=8-2&keywords=fatal+terech


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18398820-fatal-reunion?from_search=true





I hope that you enjoyed this express interview. Have you read our ezine this month? I invite you to click the link below.
Celebrity stories are waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment